Detailed instructions on how to iron on a embroidered patch.
How to Iron on a Patch
- Lay the cloth which you wish to apply the embroidery applique to on an ironing board or a flat hard heat-resistant surface.
- Iron the cloth.
- Place the badge where you would like on the cloth.
- Heat up an iron. Turn off the steam. The iron should be on the hottest setting suitable for the cloth.
- Place a tea towel or another similar thin piece of cloth over the embroidery patch to protect the applique and your clothing.
- Position the hot iron over the patch and press down hard for 10-15 seconds.
- After the badge has cooled down check to see whether it is firmly fixed on. If not use the iron again for another 5-10 seconds.
- An optional extra step which can also make the patch even more securely fixed is by turning the piece of clothing inside out and ironing on the other side.
If you do not wish to iron on a patch you can also sew it on.
Please take a look at our large selection of iron on patches.